Tuesday 15 October 2013

BLCC's 2013

I was unsure whether or not I should compete in this comp, as it a leading one. But in the end I decided I wanted to see where I ranked nationally, and if I could improve on my last year's 9th place. 

The competition was held in the new Awesome Walls Sheffield, which hadn't even officially opened yet.  I warmed up and the holds were so new that they scratched my hands. At least they were grippy!  

I got on my first route and was extremely sketchy on the last few moves but managed to top it. This put me into joint 1st place but unfortunately my success didn't last very long as I dropped down to 7th place after my second quali. The move was an awkward crossover but I decided to match and lank instead. Big mistake though, as my hand popped off reaching for the hold. 

I wasn't too bothered but coming 7th is pretty gutting because it's missing out on the finals by 1 spot. Oh well at least I improved on last year! 

Next was the speed event. I also competed in this last year and came 6th. It was all for fun but in the end I some how managed to come 2nd! So that was awesome! And the EYC was in 1 week... Psyched! 

No comments:

Post a Comment